Levitra -Verdanafil- 60MG
Levitra 60 mg is an approved drug prescribed for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction (ED) in men. It contains Vardenafil that relaxes the muscles of the blood vessel walls and increases the blood flow to the penis. A single pill is recommended to be taken in 24 hours. This pill can be taken with or without food. It is usually recommended to take this pill approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before sexual intercourse. The effects of this medicine usually last for around 5 hours.
How It Works
Levitra 60 mg falls under the class of drugs known as PDE 5 inhibitors. It relaxes the smooth muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels and improves blood flow to certain areas of the body, including the penis. For an erection to occur, proper blood circulation is necessary. cGMP is a molecule that controls the contraction and dilation of blood vessels. cGMP is destroyed by an enzyme called PDE 5. Vardenafil present in this medicine blocks the action of PDE 5 and allows cGMP to be produced properly. This allows more and more blood flow to the penis. As a result, pressure is created in the penis. Thus, an erection is achieved.
Levitra 60 mg is prescribed for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – a condition that causes an inability to achieve or sustain an erection while having sexual intercourse.
Levitra 60 mg is recommended to be taken orally once a day. It should not be taken more than once in 24 hours. It should be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before any sexual activity. The effects of this medicine last for around 5 hours.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are very less.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to various side effects. If such a case arises, seek medical help immediately.
Before you take Levitra 60 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to Levitra or any other medications.
- If you are undergoing any surgery or treatment.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you have a history of heart attack, stroke, or congestive heart failure.
- If you suffer from problems such as diabetes, hypertension, angina, etc.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have blood cell problems such as sickle cell anemia, leukemia, or multiple myeloma.
- If you suffer from an eye-related disorder such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you have stomach ulcers.
- If you suffer from a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
How to use Levitra 60 mg?
This medicine is intended to be taken orally with water. For best results, it is recommended to be taken 30 minutes to 1 hour before sexual intercourse.
Does alcohol affect while taking Levitra 60 mg pills?
Alcohol can lower your blood pressure and you may experience symptoms such as lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting, flushing, headaches, and palpitations. Therefore, drinking alcohol along with this medicine isn’t recommended.
Will it be safe for me to take Levitra 60 mg?
Levitra 60 mg is a safe and well-tolerated drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Take the pill as advised by your doctor.
How long does the impact of Levitra 60 mg remain?
The impact or the effects of this medicine are known to last for around 5 hours. In some cases, it may last for a longer time. This may vary depending upon factors such as age, metabolism, lifestyle, health conditions, etc.